Click to Home
Your GovernmentCity ServicesOur CommunityHow Do I
Go To Search
Towed Vehicles
Having your vehicle towed and impounded is disagreeable, no matter the circumstances. This information will give you a better understanding of what to expect and how to redeem your vehicle from impound.

  • The City of Plymouth Police Department may be contacted at (734) 453-1234 ext. 219, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm and is located inside City Hall at: 201 S. Main St, Plymouth, MI  48170
  • Redeem your vehicle as soon as possible, as the fees accumulate on a daily basis, regardless of the reason that it was towed and impounded. Towing and impound fees are paid directly to the towing company. Fees and fines owed to the city are paid directly to the city. Mayflower Towing is the service that is currently used by the City of Plymouth.  Unless the vehicle is forfeited, fees are paid directly to Mayflower Towing.   
  • Vehicles that are impounded due to nuisance abatement or forfeiture have their own paperwork that should be followed specifically. This includes any fees that may have to be paid to the Wayne County Clerk.
  • Cash and checks payable to the City of Plymouth, drawn on local banks, or money orders are the only accepted forms of payment for amounts due the City. The form of payment to the towing companies is similar (payable to the Mayflower Towing). Check with the towing company specifically for their terms of payment or for a non-cash payment option.
  • The towing companies are a private business and should be contacted regarding hours of operation and hours for pickup of vehicles. The City of Plymouth is not responsible for the hours of operation for the Mayflower Towing company.
  • If a vehicle has been impounded for any reason, you will still need to obtain a release form from the Police Department. The registered owner of the vehicle will still be responsible for any towing and impound fees that are due.

Learn how to redeem a towed / impounded vehicle.
Al Cox
Director of Public Safety / Chief of Police

201 S. Main
Plymouth, MI 48170
Emergency: 9-1-1 

Phone Administration:
(734) 453-1234 ext. 219 

Non-Emergency / Dispatch:
(734) 453-8600
Police Records:
(734) 453-1234 ext. 219
(734) 455-1664

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm


Nixle logo.png

Police Forms & Documents