Click to Home
Your GovernmentCity ServicesOur CommunityHow Do I
Go To Search
Police Reports
Obtain a Copy of a Police Report
General police reports, traffic crash reports, private property crash reports, theft reports, and damaged property reports are generally available five to seven business days after the incident is filed.

Reports other than traffic crash reports may be requested through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) by completing a specific form available at the Records Department of the Police Department or by personal letter. Reports are prepared for a specific fee and can take up to five business days to prepare. Request a NON-ACCIDENT police report Police report request

Traffic Crash Reports
Traffic crash reports may be obtained by using any of the following options: 
  • Visit the State of Michigan Website. Note: This option can only be used if your crash occurred after June 13, 2005. The fee is $10 and credit cards are accepted online.
  • Visit the CLEMIS website.
  • In person, at the Plymouth City Police Department Records Department, during regular business hours, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.

Call (734)453-1234 ext. 219 to verify that your report is ready. The cost is $5 per accident report and cash, check, or money order payable to City of Plymouth is accepted.

The Police Department is located at 201 S. Main St.Plymouth, MI 48170.

Report Related Questions
How long do I have to file a police report?
There is no time-limit; however, we do request that any report be made in as timely a manner as possible.

I had a traffic accident on the roadway; do I have to make a police report?
Michigan law requires that you make a police report if you have over $400 of damage to your vehicle.

What if I have a non-injury accident on private property?
You should file a private property accident report. Both parties and both vehicles need to be present at the time the report is taken. Arrangements should be made by all the parties involved. There is no time limit, however, as soon as possible; the report can be made at the station located at:
201 S. Main St.
Plymouth, MI 48170
This is for accidents that occurred within the City of Plymouth.

I had a minor traffic accident in a parking lot; can you send a police car to take the report?
You can call for an officer at the time of the accident however, depending on the volume of calls it might not be possible for an officer to respond in a reasonable amount of time. Both parties should exchange information, including telephone numbers, and make arrangements to come into the station for a police report to be completed.

Where can I obtain a copy of a traffic accident report or any other police report?
Copies can be obtained online (for a small fee) for traffic crash reports, or all reports can be obtained at the Police Department Records Department, for a fee, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm and under the F.O.I.A.
Al Cox
Director of Public Safety / Chief of Police

201 S. Main
Plymouth, MI 48170
Emergency: 9-1-1 

Phone Administration:
(734) 453-1234 ext. 219 

Non-Emergency / Dispatch:
(734) 453-8600
Police Records:
(734) 453-1234 ext. 219
(734) 455-1664

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm


Nixle logo.png

Police Forms & Documents