Click to Home
Your GovernmentCity ServicesOur CommunityHow Do I
Go To Search
Animal Control

Procedures to Release an Impounded Dog

If the dog is not wearing a current Plymouth City dog license, the owner will need proof of current rabies vaccination and a current dog license prior to release. If the dog needs a rabies vaccination, the owner will need to make arrangements with the veterinarian at the impound prior to release. The owner should bring the above paperwork to the City of Plymouth Clerk’s Office to purchase a current license.

There is a fee incurred with the impounding of the dog. There may also be a ticket issued based on the violation that occurred. Owners are responsible for the dogs release and retrieving the animal from the pound. Fee incurred are based on the length of time the dog is impounded as set forth by the Humane Society.

Impound Contact Information

The impound for dogs is currently located at:
Humane Society of Huron Valley 
3100 Cherry Hill
Ann Arbor, MI 48105 
(734) 662-5585

Wild Animal Questions
For information on what to do about wild animals on your property, please see our FAQs page.

City Ordinance
Copies of the Ordinance concerning animals can be obtained here

Al Cox
Director of Public Safety / Chief of Police

201 S. Main
Plymouth, MI 48170
Emergency: 9-1-1 

Phone Administration:
(734) 453-1234 ext. 219 

Non-Emergency / Dispatch:
(734) 453-8600
Police Records:
(734) 453-1234 ext. 219
(734) 455-1664

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm


Nixle logo.png

Police Forms & Documents